Copyright © 2014. Designed by Bangkok apartments.
Oh post school activities in the early 2000s. Weren’t they just the best?
When you weren’t shivering on the school pitch playing hockey or football or following fit sixth formers home you were probably enjoying one of the following.
1. Downloading music illegally on Limewire or Kazaa and being convinced you’d end up in prison if you were ever found out.
2. Spending hours on MSN to your school mates, using the dial up wire, and only being discovered by your parents when they realised the house phone hadn’t rang in four hours.
3. Skipping off to the local shop to buy credit to top up your Nokia 3310 because you wasted your last £10 texting your crush and downloading the latest ringtone.
4. Heading off to the park to play a very competitive game of football with your mates and using school blazers as goal posts.
5. Hanging out in town, or the local park or skatepark and making new friends with pupils from rival schools.
6. Adding those new friends on MySpace, Bebo and MSN the second you got home.
7. Going round to your friend’s house for tea and loving the fact they have all the channels so you can watch Kenan and Kel, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Sweet Valley High.
8. Spending hours on the phone to your best friend, catching up with what’s happened in that last 30 mins since the walk home from school.
9. Lingering round the school gates for ages because you’ve heard so and so are having a fight and you’ve gotta see what all the fuss is about.
10. When it snows, stealing school trays, finding the steepest hill you can and using them as sledges.
11. Hanging out with the cool kids who play knock-a-door-run and feeling like you’ve finally made it.
12. Walking home really slow from school on the days you’ve had food-tech because you don’t wanna ruin the apple crumble/cake you’ve just made.
13. Heading over to your girlfriend’s house after school to perfect that dance routine you’ve been working so hard on.
14. Enjoying a ‘date’ on the way home with your latest crush and 10 of your other friends.
Holding hands AND kissing on the lips when you say bye.
Erm hello you’ve reached bases one and two.
15. Stocking up on your favourite sweets in the local shop.
Flip pops, flying saucers, foam shrimp and getting mega excited when they have new aliens in stock.
16. Ringing around your friends to see who wants to play out, preferably on bikes or micro scooters.
17. Heading to town to stock up on gel bracelets and getting all excited about the new black glittery number you’re wearing.
18. Spending hours thinking about the best song lyrics you can update to your Bebo, MSN and MySpace profile.
19. Daring your friends to suggest rude things to strangers on Habo Hotel.
20. Relishing the odd evening on your own playing Theme Hospital and RollerCoaster Tycoon.
21. Designing a new screensaver for your computer on paint, only to be shouted at by Dad an hour later.
22. Trying hard to perfect pidgin or gibberish so you can speak in code to your friends on the phone and, y’know, fit in with the cool crowd.