Copyright © 2014. Designed by Bangkok apartments.
A cat’s life has been saved by vodka after she was doused in anti-freeze by cruel yobs.
Missey fell seriously ill after the incident in Middlesbrough and was rushed to the vet by owners Paul Stephenson, 47, and daughter Sara, 27.
But they were shocked when they were told that vodka would help break down the poison and their pet would be put on an alcohol drip.
The bizarre treatment worked but left four-month old Missey seriously sozzled.
Sara, a Morrisons supervisor, said: ‘When we heard about the treatment I was just shocked. I had no idea you could even give an animal vodka.
‘Missey was totally blind drunk after being fed the vodka on a drip. She was treated over the course of two days and got through half a litre bottle of 37.9 per cent vodka.’
Andrew Miller, a vet at White Cross, explained: ‘It is the ethanol used in this particular spirit which helps.
‘Anti-freeze is extremely toxic to animal’s kidneys, and we specifically use vodka because the ethanol in it neutralises the substance in the poison.’
Missey has since made a good recovery.